Tuesday, April 23, 2024

#11: Vertigo Yajilin (bonus)

I can't really complete this mini-series without an epilogue of sorts. =)

For the 2024 CtC Secret Santa event, about two months after I was done posting my Vertigo puzzles, I received a gift puzzle that was a nice combo of Vertigo and Yajilin. The author Piatato never really released the gift puzzle itself, but they recently published a similar one on LMD, to very positive responses. I invite you to browse Piatato's LMD page for lots of quality original puzzles.

After receiving such a sweet gift, I knew I had to try and set this one myself. The experience was nerve-wrecking, and the resulting puzzle is (and I'm not putting this as a spoiler, as a cautionary measure) really hard. I encourage you to go through the Vertigo series (123), and also Piatato's puzzle above before you try this one. Have fun!

Oh, and on the topic of Secret Santa, I'd like to eventually post about the gift I made myself. It's quite a bit to unpack though, and I'm not ready to do another series just yet. =) There's always the future though, and in the meantime stay tuned and enjoy!

Rules

Shade some cells so that no two shaded cells are orthogonally adjacent. Clues cannot be shaded, and represent the number of shaded cells in a straight line in the indicated direction.

Draw a single loop travelling orthogonally through the centers of all empty cells. The loop may visit some cells twice, but must travel straight through such cells each time. The loop can not otherwise self-overlap or self-intersect.
While travelling along the loop, all 90 degree turns must have the same direction (all left or all right).

Difficulty: [★★★★⯪]


No comments:

Post a Comment

#16: Guide Arrow

 Standard Guide Arrow rules . Difficulty: [ ★★★⯪☆ ] Solve on PuzzleSquare (puzz.link)